Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Boredom...or.....Discontentment

Well....first I just want to say don't stick me in a self help group or anything, I have not fallen into a depression that I cannot climb out of. I am just bored, but not bored cause I have nothing to do, I have plenty to do. I have people that I enjoy hanging out with but I am bored, but is it boredom? Another word that might be used here could be discontent. Am I discontent with where I am at? The answer is NO, I love where I am at in my life, I love the people around me in my life. SO what is it that I am bored with or discontent with? I guess it is the slow apathetic way that I live my life. What makes it difficult to live life excitingly and not just in the moment but a true excitement for life? Without Christ how do people make it through the day when they feel like this? How do YOU make it through times like this?"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1

This verse is so true and yet I struggle to do these things. Sin that entangles me and everything that hinders me. I see the finish line and then I trip. I can never make it across the finish line on my feet. Thats it, I'm done now. Let me know if anyone knows how we can quit messing up and live a right life and not get bored.

2 comments:

stacey Belmont said...

read the Psalms and sing the songs! praise and worship is the best way to get rid of a "funk". remember how loud we would sing in the car? love you, mom

jules said...

i would avoid taking it at all costs. thanks for being a faithful reader. i kind of miss seeing you so much.