Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Barry, Bourne and Bubble Gum

Well... It's been awhile and here it goes. First things first is I just have to say that my weekend was awesome. I went home and got to hang out with my family and of course I spent a lot of time with Hillary. It was great to see her and spend some real quality time together. Love ya Hill.

My title suggests I will talk about three items of business and try to keep them somewhat short talks.

Barry Bonds is does not deserve to break the Home Run Record. This quick venting session has nothing to do with steroids, although I do have a lot to say on that topic. Just briefly I would like to examine why Barry Bonds is not worthy of this title of Home Run champ. With one day to go in All-Star voting Barry is far behind the leaders in voting but the city of San Francisco and Giants fans unite and manage to get him on the National League starting roster. This was quite a feat and as Rome Burning said this was his one chance to give the few people who still support them a thank you and maybe even redeem his name by participating and putting on a good show no doubt by putting multiple home runs into the bay. But instead he chooses to absolutely in my mind give the middle finger to the people of S.F. and all baseball fans in general by refusing to participate in the Home Run Derby. I will stop because this post is already too long and I still have two more topics to go.

The Bourne Ultimatum will be the best movie of the summer. Yes I said it, I made a very bold statement. This will be short because in the month to come before August 3rd which is when this conclusion to an amazing trilogy makes its way to theaters. I will quickly say if you are looking for a great series of books to read then you have found them in Robert Ludlams four books. Although I must warn you before reading them, the plotline has absolutely nothing to do with the movies, there only common theme is a man named Jason Bourne and the fact that he is a killing machine with amnesia.

And now to the gum, I have recently found a new favorite gum and just had to share it with everyone I could. Not only is this gum called Flare and have an awesome box, but it is packed with some of the best cinnamon flavor that I have ever experienced. But if you do not like cinnamon flavored gum than this line of chewing gum has other flavors such as Cobalt or Rain. Well I must go now but go to your nearest Target to get your three pack.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So, you judge whether or not someone should go down in history for hitting the most home runs based on how good of a guy they are or whether or not they participate in Home run derbys? Hmmmm, that doesnt seem like a good reason for someone to not be (in your eyes) "worthy" enough to win the Home Run Record. Nice try though Cars.

carsonbelmont said...

Thanks Hill, I love you too!

the McWhorters said...

Leaving this post with only your two above makes me feel like I'm getting into a couple argument ... but since we're tight like that I enter...

I'm gonna go with Cars on this one Hill ... character is a huge part of the overall man - some would argue it is the man. Sure, numbers-wise he beat Hank, but Cars is a valid judge here.

I want to see Ultimatum ... I'm gonna be away the weekend it comes out and then with Whit's family the next week ... so we'll probably see it without you. sorry.

I checked out the gum website. First of all, thats awesome that you linked the gum. But the gum states that it is designer gum ... way to break into the designer gum world. Anticipate my arrival.

Whitney said...

It wouldn't be the same without me, so I'm in too! And obviously I'm totally on Hill-dawg's side! I think we all know too well that people make mistakes, and I know that niether of you would like anyone to judge your character on any of yours...am I right? And besides, that's his title...I don't think that we have the power to change that!

Whitney said...

Cute picture by the way! :)

carsonbelmont said...

Thanks Guys, it's just like the four of us are all together.

Unknown said...

Ahhh, reading this just made me so happy... and yet so sad at the same time... I miss you guys.