Sunday, July 15, 2007

Reading In The Sun

Well....today was a great day. Although I have had a long week in many regards, I have really enjoyed this past week overall. Just to highlight some of the things that happened this week that made it rough. On Tuesday night my phone was stolen by people visiting campus. This upset me a little not because I was so attached to my phone but that the school lets these people come on campus and then they are disrespectful by stealing my phone. And just to be clear it was stolen NOT lost like the lady at Cingular said. Then two days later while enjoying a nice round of campus golf, my right sandal broke. Now I have no sandals to where and am left to resort to shoes. Although in the very near future I plan on purchasing some Rainbow sandals. But today I went to church and then enjoyed a wonderful lunch with friends at the Price's home. Then when I returned to campus I watched the last part of the Dodger game in which they swept the Giants. Always a good day.

After this wonderful afternoon I took a blanket outside to the grass and finished reading my book. Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini is a very enjoyable book. This is the first of his novels taking place in part in Afghanistan and also in America. This book is a consistent dose of depressing happenings to this one man and it takes you on quite a journey through his life and travels. This afternoon was so very enjoyable as I got to spend time enjoying the sun and enjoying reading in the green grass. I could not ask for a more peaceful afternoon than the Sunday afternoon that I enjoyed today. The only thing that could have made it better was sitting in the grass next to Hillary reading my book.

2 comments:

stacey Belmont said...

You describe my best of days.....church, friends and a book in the sun! Sorry my phone kept cutting out when you were telling me but I'm glad I read about the rest of your day on your blog. love and miss you-mom

the McWhorters said...

dude, I loved that book. I didn't even know you were reading it. I read it only a few months ago. That is cool that you read outside. I think I'll try that soon.