Saturday, February 23, 2008

I Can't Read

Well...I can read, just not a book. Well...I can read a book, I just can't finish one. It is not because I don't like the books but for different reasons never finished any of them. Let me highlight the last few books I have started but have never finished.

Blue Like Jazz
This book by Donald Miller is either loved or hated. I myself do not have an opinion because I have never made it past page 15. I originally started reading it this summer during a family vacation but I was to busy playing Frolf and never made it past 15. I started reading it again at the beginning of the semester but had too much reading in my classes to really devote time to the book.

Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
This book is one that I really enjoyed and wanted to continue to read but again due to class schedules and readings I gave up trying to read it during a semester. It was recommended to me by a good friend Jared. John Piper and Wayne Grudem team up to write this really good book for those interested in recovering there manhood (or womanhood).

Maybe I'll actually finish a book this semester before the summer.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

you cant do it! You can finish them!

the McWhorters said...

I used to have the same problem... until i read Harry Potter. Since then I've been able to finish books - if I want to.

1 random suggestion:
See vantage point and tell us what you think... I want to know your thoughts.

1 random question:
What RSS feed reader thing do you use? I think you blogged about one once, but is there a good one for Macs thats easy and looks cool?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments carson ... I appreciate them
... Aaron C. Broadus

Justine said...

I can relate :)
It is taking me a long time to get through "The good news about injustice" By Gary Haugen as well as a beth moore book that I recently started...
Even though they are fascinating and relevant.

I read your blog!

gabrielle said...

haha. i totally have this problem and i didnt even realize it until i read this post! oh, but don't hurry to finish Blue Like Jazz...im a hater :)

RobinDayle said...

Gabby! I'm a hater too!

Can't STAND Donald Miller.
Lame.

But...I'm a huge fan of reading. Do it, and do it often.
I reccommend right before you go to bed. Calms me down.