Sunday, March 16, 2008

Art

Well...Tonight I wish to talk about one of my favorite things. It does not compare to My First Love however it is something that I enjoy immensely. Although I do enjoy it, I am not capable of producing it or even coming close to doing so. Art is something that I love to look at but something I am incapable of making. So I obviously will not be sharing my own works however I will be sharing some of my favorite pieces by my favorite artists. Most of them are fairly contemporary and recent.
The first of which is my favorite painting by a gentleman who answers to the name Edward Hopper. I came across this painting about five years ago, Nighthawks is awesome. Another of my favorites by Hopper is Seven AM. Many of his paintings deal with loneliness and I think the reason I like them.
Another artist that I really enjoy is Norman Rockwell. I do realize many people dislike his work but I really enjoy it, especially the sports related pieces. One such piece is called The Rookie.
Probably one of his most famous works of art is The Problem we all live with.
My favorite work by Rockwell and one I have hanging in my bedroom is The Runaway.
Here are some other works that I like, some very contemporary and others very traditional. Julian Beever is a very contemporary artist who does some pretty incredible stuff.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why would you like pieces of art that deal with loneliness the best? I don't get it...