Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Favorite Past Time: Slush Puppies and Jerky Chew

Well....its time for the second installment of my summer series. As you can see from my title, this one is all about the food. Growing up there was a gas station near my home that sold this blue mixture somewhere between a liquid and a solid state (I am not really sure which). I came to know this amazing soliquid as a Slush Puppy. I think the reason I really preferred these at one time over a slurpee was simply because of the Slush Puppy mascot. What a cool dog? Speaking of slurpees, this Friday at any 7/11 store, walk on in and receive your complimentary slurpee. You may be asking yourself, "Why would 7/11 give away free slurpees?" Well...you can tell yourself, just say "Self, I think it's a promotional offer that they do every July 11th." Don't get too excited, they are pretty small, however, if you hit up enough 7/11s, you just might get a full 20 oz.

The second thing in my title is jerky chew. "What is this?" Well...I'm glad you asked, it is shredded beef jerky. The reason this is listed as one of my favorite past times, is because it reminds me of hanging out with my dad. When I would go to work with him, he would buy me a can of jerky chew. I would stick this in my bottom lip and would let it sit and soak in, enjoying every last bit of that teriyaki flavor. Until next time, go grab a slush puppy and some jerky chew.

3 comments:

Justin Blomgren said...

aww man, I just missed free slirpee day. I wish I wouldve read this yesterday

Anonymous said...

dang it! i'm so sad i didn't see your blog until july 15th. do you think they would give gene and i free slurpees for july 15th? ...neither do i. sigh.

Anonymous said...

carson...here in tulare county...we like to go to a little place known as tiki snow located in the wal mart parking lot in tulare...this is no usual snow cone but pure enjoyment...im serious...its small shack at "Bettys Dry Cleaning" was so popular they had to relocate and get a bigger hut...next time you come through visalia give me a call and i will give you directions to endulge in this summer time treat...