Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Favorite Past Time: Tag

Well...here is the much awaited summer series. Today's topic is the ultimate game for all generations...TAG! I can remember playing a simple game of tag for hours which consisted of running around on a field "tagging" someone. What made this game so popular and so much fun. And if for some reason you ever grew tired of the typical game of tag you could always resort to one of the many other variations of tag. Some of my favorites were freeze tag, flashlight tag, and of course the ultimate hot lava monster. This brings me to another game which I have never categorized in the same as tag however wikipedia differs from this. But this reminds me of many afternoons spent after school at my neighbors house playing kick the can. We would play for hours upon hours and then when we were done we would retreat inside where their mom had Kool aid and cookies ready for us. Then we would continue on with our fun and games by having a huge indoor game of Nerf war. My weapon of choice being the Master Blaster, of course with a pistol in the back of my belt for close range combat. Tables and couches were overturned and converted into bases and forts and mom's and sisters became innocent bystander casualties. The games normally lasted until a lamp or another breakable object was knocked over and then we would retire to the television. Oh the joys and carelessness of childhood.

What was your favorite game to play as a kid?

2 comments:

Casey said...

i always enjoyed using this bad boy:
http://www.freewebs.com/superorange/bow1.jpg

Justin Blomgren said...

Kool Ade...loved it as a kid. A pitcher full would only last my household one day...