Monday, September 17, 2007

Tag.....I'm it

So I got tagged, twice.

Here are the rules as they were previously stated:
- Each player starts with eight random facts about themselves.
- Those who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight facts and post these rules.
- At the end of the post, choose some people to get tagged and list their names.

1) As a young child I used to inexplicably faint, or the manly version, pass out. Randomly I could be hanging out with friends and then BAM, I'm on the floor looking up at the ceiling. The one time I do remember I was climbing on a statue and I passed out and fell off and took a chunk out of my chin, it was an awesome scab. I eventually went through a series of tests to discover that they could not figure it out.

2) I have not thrown up in more than 10 years. I do not remember the exact day that I last threw up but I do remember I was at summer camp, sat up in the middle of the night and out it came all over my sleeping bag. All this to say, I have an unusually strong stomach and is phased by nothing.

3) I read my first John Grisham novel the summer before my third grade year. The title was The Street Lawyer and it was this book that first sparked my interest into becoming a lawyer someday. It is also this book that first got me hooked on reading in general and more specifically John Grisham novels as well as books written by Tom Clancy.

4) The first item I ever bought on ebay was a Gibson Les Paul Alpine White Electric guitar. It was a very exciting moment when the doorbell rang just past 6pm when I thought all hope was lost for receiving that day and the UPS driver says "I got a delivery for Carson" I said "Thats ME!" and then I was able to open the very large package and actually the seller included a free pen in the guitar case.

5) I have successfully eaten a half gallon of ice cream in one sitting. The day was over Christmas break during my sophomore year of high school on a basketball trip in Fremont, CA. I went to Baskin Robbins: 31 Flavors while the team went to Subway, I proceeded to get two quarts of the best ice cream ever: Gold Medal Ribbon. And then I ate them both.



6) Since first seeing The Bourne Identity I have attempted to train myself when I first walk into a public place, (Movie Theater, Restaurant...etc.) I immediately observe where all of the exits are and also observe everyone in the area and figure out who is most likely to try and rob the place and then figure out what my first move would be. I know what everyone is thinking, and the answer is no, my brain never shuts off. However don't be frightened, I am completely normal....kind of.



7) Whenever I get a song in my head that I do not want to listen to I simply start singing my own song. It is from a fairly old commercial for a GREAT product, Dunkaroos!! The original jingle and what I sing in my head goes like this: "Dunkaroos Dunkaroos you don't just eat your Dunkaroos!" What a great snack!


8) And my final one I must steal from my brothers list. Although I have played sports my entire life (but do not want to make the assumption that I am an athlete) and when I was younger I do believe I was more athletic, I never once received a Physical Fitness award neither Presidential or National all because of one event. I could do the mile, and sit-ups no problem, pull-ups were tough but I managed, Shuttle run was really tough but I always barely made it but the one that always got me was the V-sit, or as some call it, the sit and reach. I felt like I was very Presidentially Physically Fit or at the very least Nationally Physically Fit.


There's my facts, so now tag you are all it, Janelle, Courtney, Hill, Jeremy, Melissa. Have fun if you choose to do it.



6 comments:

Casey said...

wow...we ARE brothers...the dunkaroos and movie theater things are true of me also.

carsonbelmont said...

Thanks Case, I mean I can't get enough of the dunkaroos.

the McWhorters said...

i laughed twice out loud reading your facts. Josh and Sam probably think I'm crazy for laughing at my laptop.

janelle said...

i agree. tastsu far exceeds x. i'm working on my facts. hopefully i will ave them finished tomorrow. but i guess i wasn't the first person to do it- melissa/jolene beat me to it.

jeremy phillips said...

at each other their respective stores

Anonymous said...

--
dunkaroos...well done.

and, yes, i wait with extreme excitement about *officially* joining the mac army (i already use our church's macbookpro....delicious). i am only slightly hesitant to actually lay my vaio to rest...like when that kid has to shoot Old Yeller. yes, it's time to shoot my Yeller in the head, but he's MY yeller...and i'm just having a hard time letting go.

with that said, i've already picked out my mac with all the fixins.