Monday, December 3, 2007

Not Another BCS Blog

Well.....I hate the BCS. I really do, but before you tune out, I am NOT complaining. I am sick of everyone complaining about the BCS, every sports writer, college student, and sports fan has something negative to say about the BCS. And thats ok, I agree, I don't like it but get over it. If you do not have a better solution quit complaining about it cause right now its the best thing we got. I do realize many of you at this point are getting frustrated with this post and would like to argue and debate over a playoff system of some sort. To have a true playoff system with 33 different conferences and 120 teams in the NCAA Division I-A Football conference is nearly impossible. Some may suggest having a playoff system with just the top 10 teams but then you run into the problem of deciding the top 10 teams. Some may argue that Hawaii this year because they were the only undefeated team but most would say that because of their conference and strength of schedule they do not deserve it or are not as good as the currently ranked #1 team Ohio State. However we will never know because they will never play each other. While I do see flaws in the system, I do not find myself with a flawless system. Now we know that Ohio State will be playing LSU for the National Championship and while I do not like the pick of LSU to be in the National Championship I will still be interested in the game and be anxious to hear about the outcome. Give the BCS a break, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. There is no fair system that will give all teams a chance to compete for the National Championship....GET OVER IT!

1 comment:

Casey said...

I WON'T GET OVER IT UNTIL A PLAYOFF EXISTS...