Monday, June 16, 2008

CWS, US Open, D.A. Carson

Well....Right now I am watching the U.S. Open of Golf Championship. You may be asking but it's Monday, did you record it? Well yesterday during the final round at Torrey Pines, Tiger Woods in typical dramatic Tiger fashion sunk a birdie putt on the 18th to tie the Championship at 1 under par and force an 18 hole playoff this morning. Tiger holds a 4-1 favorite by the kind folks in Vegas but with his knee the way it is could make it a very interesting playoff.
Also as an update to my last post, Fresno State won their first game against Rice steamrolling the fifth ranked pitching staff in the country 17-5. They now advance to play the North Carolina Tar Heels on Tuesday at 4 pm PST. Lets Go Dogs!
And finally I just want to point out, yes I am still reading Becoming Conversant with the Emergent Church by D.A. Carson. And let me tell you it just is'nt an easy book to read. It is a very intellectual book that requires me to reread pages causing me to take a while to get through it however it is a very enjoyable book. Til next time...

3 comments:

the McWhorters said...

Great weekend for sports in general: US Open, NBA finals, and of course Fresno State!

Don't worry about taking a while on the book - you've read more books than I've read this summer!

trevor van meter said...

yea im just wondering if anyone else but me thinks tiger woods was given something extra from God in the way of golf skills. the guy definitely is unreal when he plays... what a weekend.. i love golf.

AdamCook said...

so much drama, suspense, determination and excitement. A great week for sports, not to mention all the drama with the Euros