Friday, June 13, 2008

Lets Go Dogs!

Well....Fresno State is in the College World Series! I had season tickets to Bulldog games since before I can even remember. I even had my own seat that had my name on a shiny metal plate. Beiden Field was like a home away from home. Friday and Saturday nights were always something to look forward to and of course the Sunday afternoon game after church was always a great time to relax and enjoy some sunshine. For a number of years I could recite the entire roster, jersey numbers, positions and for starters batting averages and other stats. However during those years, they never resulted in any post season happiness. Growing up it never bothered me because by that time it was summer and I was free. But now this season, so many years since the last time I attended a game they have made it to Omaha. I will be rooting and supporting the Fresno State Bulldogs in their quest to win the CWS. One thing I must mention is my dislike for the initials of the College World Series as it is the same for the Chicago White Sox who I dislike very much, which is why they do not receive the courtesy of a link. Some notable former Bulldogs are Mark Gardner, Bobby Jones, Tom Goodwin, Jeff Weaver who was just released today from his current team. Check out the Dogs play on Sunday, (Father's Day) at 11 am against Rice in Omaha on ESPN. Also of note is the fact that Fresno Coach Mike Batesole was voted National Coach of the Year by the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association.

No comments: