Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Who doesn't enjoy reading?

Well....while I was in Germany I read a number of different books. These books are the most likely reason for my suitcase being 6 kilograms over the maximum allowed weight at the airport. Thanks to my smile and a friendly airport worker all I had to do was shave 2 kilograms of of my suitcase weight and I did so by taking out 3 books and a shoe. Anyways the point of this post is to tell you all about the books that I read.
The first book that I read was The Shack by William Young. This book was a very thought provoking book. It made some very interesting theological statements all the while making some very keen observations about the character of God and enlightened me some of the different aspects of the Trinity.
I also read John Grisham's newest novel The Appeal. This was a very interesting and entertaining novel covering the dirty side of political campaigning specifically in state supreme court races.
I read Quiet Strength, Tony Dungy's biography. What a great book!? I would recommend this book to anyone whether an avid reader or someone who reads a book once a year. This book is such an easy read yet has so much valuable experience to pull from and learn from.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you think The Appeal had a weak ending??
Disappointing for me. After reading The Shack anyone would have to examine their response to hard circumstances in a new light. As far as the Tony Dungy bio....guess I need to start a new book!

mom

janelle said...

I read Quiet Strength and completely agree; an easy read but with so much wisdom. and so practical. keep on reading carson! (and blogging.)

Eric McFarland said...

I need to grab some books for this summer. I'll have time to read... so i should ha. Good idea ha

art and zach said...

I'll let you know if I enjoy reading or not when I finish my first book. Kidding . . . kinda