Tuesday, October 2, 2007

P.E.A.C.E.

Quickly I must say that Phil Wickham's CD Cannons is awesome. I received it yesterday afternoon in the mail and what a delight that was listening to it all night last night and all morning this morning. I absolutely love Desire, True Love, and Cannons as well as the new release of Jesus Lord of Heaven. Well just about 30 minutes ago in chapel we were able to listen to Rick Muchow lead worship and Rick Warren speak to us. Rick Warren is a CBU alumnus as well as his wife Kay. Although when they attended it was CBC and very different. What he spoke about was his P.E.A.C.E. plan. This is a plan to solve the 5 biggest problems in the world. It was a very interesting plan and got me thinking a lot. To see this man, who was labeled as America's New Pastor, and what is important to him and what God has put on his heart was very interesting and I was very happy to sit and try and understand where he is coming from and how to strive to get there. To get to the point where I care about those who I have never met and are on the other side of the world and not just to care but to take action. Coming up soon is the Global Summit on Aids and the Church which some from CBU were able to attend last year and more will go this year.

2 comments:

stacey Belmont said...

2 things: Mr Wickham looks better with more hair and
while you're thinking about the globe don't forget you can be a missionary in your dug out. love, mom

Eva said...

I was very pleased with how you worked both leading up to and in East Asia. You lead when you were needed to lead and you followed when we needed you to follow.

I am very excited with how God will use you.

Thank you for speaking at the Review. I'm sorry I couldn't be there.