Monday, October 1, 2007

Clubbin' At Victoria

On Saturday I was able to go golfing at a very nice country club here in Riverside. I played as a guest at Victoria Club. This was my first time playing a full 18 holes at a full golf course. I have hit golf balls many times at various driving ranges and have even played at a pitch and putt course but this fine Saturday I received the whole experience. This fine club which has been around since 1903 was a very elegant place with everything you could think of. The first hole having a lake just to the right of the fairway and having a group of about 15 members watching us all tee off I was very nervous about ending up in the water. However my strategy of hitting it as hard as you can paid off as I ended up just off the fairway in the rough. After playing nine holes we stopped and enjoyed lunch, which was a really awesome burger. And then we were off to the back nine in which I was fatigued and my swing began to lag. However it was a really enjoyable time and when all was said and done I shot a 115. But I would like to say I never ended up in the water and only in the bunkers twice. Each time I ended up in the sand it took me four strokes to get it out. But I was fairly happy with the way I golfed and do feel after a few more rounds, I will be able to break the 100 mark. If you want to lose at golf give me a call and we'll play.

2 comments:

jeremy phillips said...

"putt" not "put"

trevor van meter said...

who did you play with? and a 115 for the first time, and on that course, isnt bad at all. thats a pretty tough course for ur first 18 holes.. we all gotta go play with colby or dane or brandon sometime..